The Gold Smith – Gold Plating Kit is an affordable, high quality kit designed for bench-top brush plating, and fine select gold plating. Hobbyists and artists have never had such an affordable, high quality option available before. The kit is made by Gold Plating Solutions, who have been manufacturing gold plating kits in the USA for more than 20 years. This kit is perfect for beginners who appreciate the look of gold plate and want to learn about gold plating jewellery and coins and don’t want to buy a more expensive set with different types of gold plating solutions.
This gold plating kit includes everything needed for fine select pen plating and brush plating 24K gold. The gold solution included can produce a cobalt hardened, 24K – Type 1 & 2, grade C gold deposit.
The Gold Smith will plate onto most properly prepared surfaces (Exceptions are: Aluminum, Zinc, Titanium, Chrome, and Steel alloys).
Features of the Gold Smith Gold Plating Kit:
- Great Complete Brush Plating Kit for high quality, professional gold plating results
- Includes 2 ounce bottle of our “24K Brush Gold Solution” – Bright, Hardened, Rich 24K Gold (Contains 0.70 grams of fine gold. Plates approximately 300 square inches at an average thickness.)
- Also includes “Combination Handle” (wand) for Brush Plating with 1/8″ Stainless Steel Bit and sleeve or Fine-select Pen Plating
- Gold applies immediately with consistent, predictable results onto most properly prepared, conductive surfaces. Will not plate onto Chrome, Aluminum or Steel (See Universal Plater)
- Comprehensive Instruction Manual and Unlimited Technical Support
Users Guide – Click here
Check out our New Plating Procedure Chart for details about our products and how to use them.
To plate onto Steel items see our Universal Plater.
To plate onto Chrome items see our Universal Plater Chrome Edition.
Aluminum, Titanium and Zinc cannot be plated onto with any of our kits. Aluminum and Zinc require an industrial level pre-plating, by a trained professional. Aluminum and Zinc require a special preparation and process that is not suitable for consumer level plating operations. We do not sell the process or provide support for plating onto Aluminum or Zinc. Any attempts to plate onto Aluminum or Zinc with our products will not work. If you have a project that requires plating onto Aluminum or Zinc, we recommend sending the parts to us to be plated by our technicians. We can provide a variety of plates. After Aluminum or Zinc is Nickel or Chrome plated by us, it can then be plated with a metal you desire, using our Universal Plater or Jewel Master Series kits.
The Complete Gold Smith Kit Includes:
- (1) – Gold Smith Plating Console
- (1) – 9 volt, 1 Ampere Power Supply
- (1) – Combination fine select / brush plating application handle
- (1) – Common Lead with alligator clip
- (1) – 1/8″ Type 316 stainless steel brush plating bit
- (2) – 1/8″ Application Sleeves
- (2) – Ultra fine Pen Plating Tips
- (2) – Medium Pen Plating Tips
- (1) – 2 oz bottle of 24K brush plating gold solution containing 1 gram fine gold content, (this is enough gold to cover 300 square inches to a thickness of 20 micro-inches – 0.25 Microns)
- Complete instruction manual containing operational details and color photos of set-up and use of the Gold Smith Plating Kit.
- ‘Quick-start’ guide including polished coin to ensure your first experience is a success. Safety Data Sheet also included.
Users Guide – Click here
Gabrielle in Australia. I am very impressed with the pen plating system. It was everything I hoped for. As a beginner, I found the instruction manual extremely helpful. I was able to successfully gold-plate the sample provided as well as my own pieces. Thank you for creating such as easy to use product! I will definitely be purchasing from your company again.
Q. Can I use this kit in Australia.
A. Yes, but you will need an electrical adapter for the AC wall adapter. It comes with US/China plug and no AU Power plug adaptor.
Q. I have a coin I would like to get gold plated. Can I use this kit?
A. Yes, this will work well with a coin as long as the surface is cleaned correctly.
Q. Can I plate with rose gold?
A. It is possible, but you will need to buy the rose gold plating solution online separately.
Q. Do I need to do any surface cleaning before gold plating my object?
A. Yes, The second rule for preparation of work to be plated is to ensure that once the surface has been polished to the desired luster and quality of finish, the surface is made accessible to the plating process solutions. What this means is that the surface is absolutely clean, completely free from grease, oil or dirt and free from significant oxides and any other surface film. This crucially important step can be a little tricky because many of the methods of polishing can actually leave trace deposits that can seriously affect one or more of the plating processes. Before plating begins, the surface should be carefully inspected to make sure the water sheets off evenly and doesn’t have any areas where the water beads up. If the water beads up in any area then the part must be cleaned again or electro-cleaned.
Q. What personal safety equipment should I wear when doing gold plating?
A. The first safety consideration is the use of proper personal protection equipment such as a face shield, safety goggles or safety glasses.
Q. What voltage is this kit?
A. 5V. Make sure your Goldsmith Gold Plating Kit power supply is connected to the appropriate outlet to provide the correct AC voltage as indicated on the back of the wall adaptor. Only use the wall adaptor unit provided by or as approved by Gold Plating Services. If the Goldsmith Gold Plating Kit is going to be used near fixed plumbing we recommend that the outlet be “Ground Fault Protected”. The plating voltages provided by the application handles are normally very low, usually less than 5 volts direct current.